Have you heard Glutathione mentioned recently. Glutathione is a powerful intracellular antioxidant. This treatment has a number of benefits for the body. Most importantly Glutathione is used to improve immune system function, slow the process of aging and enhance athletic performance. This antioxidant primarily helps your body fight disease, decrease oxidative stress and cellular injury by binding to free radicals and facilitating their removal from your body.
Free radicals can be harmful to the body. Our bodies can tolerate a certain amount of free radicals; however, when these atoms accumulate faster than we can process them, our bodies start to accumulate damage. Antioxidants, such as Glutathione bind to free radicals, stopping potential damage, and assisting in removing free radicals from your body.
Diseases Associated with decreased Glutathione levels:
- Neurodegenerative disorders (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Huntington’s diseases, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Friedreich’s ataxia)
- Pulmonary disease(COPD, asthma, and acute respiratory distress syndrome)
- Immune diseases(HIV, autoimmune disease)
- Cardiovascular diseases(hypertension, myocardial infarction, cholesterol oxidation)
- Chronic age-related diseases(cataracts, macular degeneration, hearing impairment, and glaucoma)
- Liver disease
- Cystic fibrosis
- Aging process itself
- Glutathione has no known interactions with other medications.